HISTORY

   

Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy

 

 
 

 
   
   
   
 

      The Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy was founded in 1887, by His Majesty King Chulachomklao, otherwise known as King Chulalongkorn. It was first given the name of Royal Military Academy and later in 1948, the Royal Military Academy was merged with the Royal Thai Army Polytechniques Institute, under the name of Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy to honour the founder, King Chulalongkorn.

The Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy was originally located in the precinct of Saranrom Palace, where it was 77 years. In 1909 the Academy was moved to the Rajadamnoen Nok Avenue where it stood until July 10, 1986. Now it is housed in a new, sprawling ultra modern complex. The present Academy is located at Khao Cha-ngoke in Muang District of Nakhon Nayok Province. The new campus, covering over 20,000 -rai plot of land (over 33 square kilometres), is about 140 kilometres northeast of Bangkok. The place is surrounded by mountains on three sides in the west, north and east. His Majesty the King was gracious enough to preside over the opening ceremony of the new campus of the Academy at Khao Cha-ngoke August 5, 1986 and also marked the 99th anniversary of the founding of the Academy.

 
   
   
   
   
   
   
 

On August 5th, 1887

 
  King Rama V performed the opening ceremony of the cadet school. It has been regarded as the founding day of Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy ever since.  
   
   
   
     
     
     
     
     
 

 

DEVELOPMENT OVER A CENTURY LONG

 
       
 

On December 26th, 1909  
  King Rama V presided over the opening ceremony of the Secondary Level Military Academy located on Rajadamnoen Nork Avenue.  
   
   
     
     
  On May 1st, 1934  
  Army Technical school was added to provide education various branches of military operation including Artillery, Engineers, Signals, and Ordnance.  
   
   
   
   
   

 

   
  On January 1st, 1948

 
  King Bhumipol Adulyadej renamed the school Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy.  
   
   

 

 

 

 
 

In 1949 Modern Period

 
  Standard Curriculum : BS (Military)  
     

 

 
 

On August 5th, 1986  
  His Majesty the King graciously presidedover the opening ceremony of the new CRMA.  
   
   

 

 

 

 
  On July 29th, 1986  
 

Moving to the new site at Khao Cha-ngoke.

 
  Now it is housed in a new, sprawling ultra modern complex.

     The present Academy is located at Khao Cha-ngoke in Muang District of Nakhon Nayok Province. The new campus, covering over 20,000 -rai plot of land (over 33 square kilometres), is about 140 kilometres northeast of Bangkok. The place is surrounded by mountains on three sides in the west, north and east.

     His Majesty the King was gracious enough to preside over the opening ceremony of the new campus of the Academy at Khao Cha-ngoke August 5, 1986 and also marked the 99th anniversary of the founding of the Academy.